I’m appointing Simon Crabb to be the project administrator.
He’ll sit between the builders, contractors etc. and me. He’ll manage the contracts between us and approve when I pay for items that are to the pre-agreed specification.
Check and confirm what structural or other warranties I’ll be getting from the suppliers and builders ?
- The building inspector covers that the structure is adequate and little more
- When the house gets to foundations, get a foundations inspection by the mining survey chap (Nick Datson). They’ll sign off / look at the foundations in relation to the mining survey, that did, as expected find that there is an old tunnel under the property. I know this because I’ve been in it. It is at beach level so probably over 30 meters bellow the property.
- What work was done
- Who was on site and how many hours they worked.
- Quotations, orders, deliveries, shopping trips
- Payments made
- Contacts made (with phone numbers etc.)
- Site visits by building inspectors, architects, surveyors etc.
- comments, feedback from casual visitors, neighbours
- accidents (however small), breakages, theft.